Sunday, July 3, 2011

Awesome weekend, busy like a bee

It's been a while since my weekend is this packed and though I'm knackered, I had a really good time. It started off on Friday evening, with a dinner with the siblings. The food was so-so, the ambience was not bad, what really made it rock was the occasion (Happy Birthday, brother!) & the fact that the family was together to celebrate it.

Moment with Kate

Group shot with Jude's birthday brownie with ice-cream

Saturday morning was bring-Kate-cycling-for-the-first-time and I really had fun cycling - working out those leg muscles that are rather different from jogging ones had me whining about my "achey legs". I really loved that Kate had a rocking good time and I'm definitely going to do this again.

My pillion rider & I - before we began cycling. I was a tad concerned about safety but I'm proud to say that I did well! (I also did not adjust the seat so that I can touch the ground very easily)

After the fun cycling, we proceeded for lunch and it was a play-date with two other colleagues and their children. It was another hour & half of back-breaking non-stop moving, with the husband and I taking turns to play with Kate. She's not too adventurous (I'm guessing it's because it was too crowded & noisy) but I think she enjoyed herself, overall. She fell twice - by walking backwards and falling down a mini flight of stairs. The first time was a shocker and the second time, though still a shocker, was (according to the husband) her experimenting. She'd intentionally wanted to try it again. Go figure. I'm just glad that she didn't hit her head on the wall nor did anything catastrophic happen. One repercussion was that she had nightmares that night. Thanks to my Mom who was looking after her - apparently Kate was up and fussing for nearly two hours from 3am. Unfun.

Us @ Polliwogs

Sunday morning started dark and early, with the alarm going off at 6.10am. It was the day of the Great Eastern 10km Women's Run which the sister and I had signed up for ages ago. We were both not in the best shape (little training) but I must say that I was glad that we went ahead with it. I think I didn't feel that great because I just wasn't in the best shape to run. I'd the flu a month ago and that disrupted my regular running and I hadn't gotten back into regular-running shape yet. This 10km run is my first run since a week ago, where I only did 5km. Despite all this blablabla, I must say that it was still great that the run is completed. The running route was beautiful and I just wish that I was in better shape to have enjoyed it more. The sister summed it right when she said that it'd be a while till the next run.

Completed

Work's been a roller coaster ride and I've been so busy. I think this is truly the peak of how busy I am since I've joined the company 6 months ago. So I'm really glad that this weekend was so enjoyable and fulfilling, because these precious moments are truly what makes life better, and truly worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment