Saturday, July 9, 2011

Parents on our own

The MIL was away on holiday. I'm really happy for her - I truly am because she deserves the holiday. I mean, it is not easy taking care for a child all alone. And cook dinner. And do chores about the house.

But man, it is so not easy to not have help. I mean, she's been away since Monday night & I've never been happier to see them home last night, after 4 (never-ending) days.

While we are fortunate to have childcare help (we deposit Kate at my Aunt's place - she's a stay-home Mom with 2 kids), the logistics and other bits of it are still challenging. (I'm not complaining, and I'm really appreciative of the help that we have. I just need to let off steam.)

I hadn't had a proper shower for two days. The husband is busy at night with work and I've had no choice but to put Kate in the tub for her to co-shower alongside me. Because it's always about 9pm (I know, sooo late) and I'm terrified that she'd catch a cold (she did) it's always a rush job and it's been difficult.

I don't know how the husband and I will manage when we are wholly on our own, when we have to be the ones responsible to drop Kate off at childcare and pick her up from there (within time limit without incurring fines), when we have to be the only ones responsible for household chores (o the dirty pile of laundry irks me)... man.

I know everyone manages and I'm just very grateful that I have the help of family in the meantime. I know how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment