Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cycling fun

My colleagues organised a cycling trip today at East Coast Park. I was very excited about it as we'd never been cycling together before and I just knew that Kate would enjoy herself, being the dare-devil that she is!

And I was right.

The morning started out sluggishly as it was rather tough to wake up before 8am on a Saturday morning. (yawns). Especially since Kate was abit punkish the night before and our sleeping arrangement was not the usual. We got to East Coast Park at about 9.20am, and my colleagues were already there having their breakfast. After lazing there for everyone to finish their breakfast, we started off!

I haven't cycled for ages and the husband's only (fierce) advice was "don't fall". To the uninitiated (i.e. me, before today), there are different kinds of bikes available for adults to carry their kids in. There is this huge-ass vehicle that looks like a manual version of a tuk-tuk-cum-buggy; it can hold 4 adults (2 in front, 2 at back & 2 in front of the front) and there are pedals available for everyone to pitch in - I really wish that I took a picture cos it is rather tough to explain this gadget. Moving on, the other two forms are regular bicycles with baby-seats in the front (between rider and handle-bars) or at the back (behind rider). I thought it'd be more comfortable for Kate to be seated at the back (actually, more comfortable for me too as I didn't want a baggage in front of me) and it was the right choice!

Kate sat in her seat and the moment I began to cycle, she just made herself comfortable and slouched like a pro. I'm so happy that we had this enjoyable session today - I love trying out new things with Kate!

I'm going to go again some time, just gotta remember to slap on more sunblock.

Kate was so comfortable she fell asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment