Tuesday, January 29, 2013

End of the journey

Just as I poured my boobs heart out into my story on breastfeeding, the inevitable happened.

My body has semi-retired from breastfeeding.

It began innocuously enough, with Jake rejecting the boob on random occasions (as shared in my last entry). Though as per Murphy's Law, the days following this entry, he took to them just fine. (Must be a man thing *rolls eyes)

Life, in general has been rather hectic and with that, came irregular expressing of milk, which resulting in irregular production which leads to supply being affected. All of which I was well aware of.

But. The straw that broke the camel's back, was when I was hit by gastric flu. Oh, it was horrid. My temperature fluctuated and hit a high of 38.6 (I was so feverish I was barely conscious of the husband talking to me, taking over the running of the household and heh - he even placed a fever patch on my forehead, the sweetheart) - I was thirsty, hungry, suffered from a body wrecked by pain and loose bowel movement. Un-fun, to say the least. I even encountered a bout of drug allergy when I took a dose of medicine not intended for me (anything to keep the virus away!) and that resulted in body itch and rash which was a first for me.

Needless to say, the past few days have taken quite a toll on my body and truly, my boobs have surrendered to say, enough is enough.

It's now time to educate weaning to my dear son, who still doesn't have an inkling and still craves for me to latch him on (hah! now the tables are turned you little boy!) and though I'm sad that the journey is at an end, I'm still proud that I've done well in my motherly duties.

11 months, my dear boy. 11 months. Mommy's tried her best and I know that you and I have both had a good run together.

Now, to pack up all the apparatus and aunty bags which I needed to stuff all my mommy things in...

No comments:

Post a Comment