Friday, November 28, 2014

Love notes

Since the start of this year, K started enrichment classes for Reading and Writing. We made the call to enroll her because she didn't seem to be catching on to the basics of A-B-Cs well, and unfortunately, we were not engaged enough (lack of time/ patience) to take her through the work on our own. 

It's turned out to be a worthwhile investment, in my opinion. 

As much as I try not to compare - oh irony, it's exactly what I am doing - she is in a class with most of her peers a year younger than her. I blame this on our own lack-of-initiative/ awareness; but I think it is not a lost cause In fact, I think she's at the right stage for herself. She's improved tremendously through the year and while she is still not as good as I think she can be, I'm so proud of her excellent progress - and no, this is not the Tiger Mum speaking. I honestly think she can do better. 

Part of her class involves spelling and she started off with a list of 10 words every fortnight. Then it's been amped up slightly these few weeks to weekly tests - but 5 words only. She still learns the words by memory and still mucks up her "b" & "d" and her upper-and-lower-cases.... 

But I digress. 

The point is, she can read basic words now and even write them and for that I am so proud. And as a most endearing side-product.... I get hand-written love notes from my little girl.

I love Mum


I must thank the teachers for introducing such endearing and important words to my child - like Mum and Mother and Dad...

And the sweetest surprise a couple of days ago was this lovely note:

She asked for help for the words "because" & "heart"

In case you can't decipher her writing properly, here's the note in English
"Mother, I no (know) that you love me because you are in my heart"

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment