Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bonus off day!

When it was announced that Singapore would be enjoying a jubilee weekend off with a stretch of 4-days off, it never struck me to leave the country for a trip. I heard of how many people instantly searched and secured their travels, but while the husband and I never talked about wanting to go away, I knew that I kinda wanted to be around. Afterall, it is a celebration of our nation's birthday and how could you celebrate it if you were not even present?
 
So to have the 4th day of rest was amazing. Again, I got to sleep in past 8am (thank you, husband!) and the goodness did not end there. Because the husband had been very inspired by salmon lately, he had the epiphany of making breakfast for us on this glorious Monday. So while I was asleep, he headed to the supermarkets in the morning and came home with groceries galore... and I pretty much woke up to a busy kitchen and smells of food.. mmmmm...
 
I had a full plate of salmon, side of salad with hash brown and toast + cheese. It. Was. Heavenly. It was so yummy that I did not take a picture of it! But in my mind, thinking back, I literally rolled out of bed into a home that was fully awake and bustling, and I walked right into my big plate of breakfast and tucked right in. Life is so good.
 
After spending time with the boy the past few days, I decided to bring the girl out with me on an errand. We dropped the MIL off and we then went in search of coffee (that was the only missing element from breakfast). I had plans of venturing far west (since we were there) but plans changed slightly and I ended up googling for Starbucks outlets and found one that was near which we had never been to before - that's how we discovered Hilllview V2.
 
Go on, try to touch the water! - and she did
 
Big cuppa latte for me with a dose of magazine,
a yuzu choc-cheese cake and baby cino for her.


My lovely girl

We spent about an hour just strolling about the mall checking out what shops there were, a little cheeky touch-and-go with the water feature, then settled in comfortably at Starbucks (her choice, though there was also Cedele and Dean & Deluca) where we both blissfully co-existed. Aaahhh, life is good.

We spent the afternoon on a school project that K had, and we dabbled in paint and craft and it was a fruitful session where we completed the project. Woot! The boy awoke from his nap then, and the kids got their hands dirty with paint before a late-ish simple lunch of tapau.

By this time, the husband was getting antsy with their noise as he needed to work on his assignment. I had the brainwave of bringing them out for an activity and off we went!

We headed to the mall to get new swimwear for K as hers had disintegrated and had a hole in her bum. Never knew how much swimwear costed but an investment had to be made and the deed was done. It was also quite cute seeing how she enjoyed the trial process of fitting into different sizes and designs - what a girl.

I had already planned to bring them to swim but had left it as a surprise and it was absolutely adorable seeing the kids wiggle in anticipation: K was so earnest after the purchase was made and pleaded "Mommy, can we go wear the costume and go swim now?!" Then the boy went "but I don't have! Mine is at home!"

So when I revealed that 'yes' we were going swimming and 'yes' we have everything packed - HOORAY! It was just pure joy all around. We drove down to the club nearby and everyone had a good time playing about.


Superhero-girl + Captain American junior

We finished off the day with a simple dinner near home and put the kids to sleep early, in preparation of a school day the next.

This was a perfect wrap to our long, long weekend and I was so thankful to have spent every moment doing what I did. To have time with the children, doing different sorts of activities and to have rested too - it was amazing and I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment