Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fuel for the body - part two

In my new work environment, I discovered that eating out has its major disadvantages - namely, everything is pricey. The food options are healthy - salads, sandwiches, wraps; but as we know, these type of western options are usually double to the usual food-court fare. There is a food court where more conventional food options range from $4 and more but it is always extremely packed and the options are also limited.
 
I spent the first week eating yummy, healthy salad - and spending more than $50 in a week, across five lunches. Now, that is pretty luxurious if you ask me and while I enjoyed filling my body with healthy food, my heart and pockets were wailing.
 
I lamented on this to my mother and in a jiffy so quick before you can say "help me (fairy god-) mother", she bought a thermal food flask for me. I'm fortunate that my helper is a super cook, and with the tool made available for us, we did!
 
My first bring-from-home meal - rice, brocolli and gravy chicken + potatoes
#redchillipadiamust

It felt so great eating freshly prepared food at work, brings me some warmth and sense of home when I'm outside. I've brought more lunches from home and it's always been hits (no misses).
 
Rice, codfish, beans and there was chicken under the veg! What a surprise!

Besides chinese fare, I also started buying salad base + ingredients to bring to work which are just as yummy and good on the pockets. I need to eat them within 3-4 days or the leaves start to wilt.
 

Spinach base, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots,
cheese (sliced and grated) with some cooked salmon on top

Nuts are available in the pantry (see that on the fork?) so I usually add a
dash into my salad bowl for added crunch


I have been bringing food from home about 2-3 times a week for two weeks so far and it's been a great arrangement. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment