Monday, August 17, 2015

Fuel for the body

I try to have soaked oats about twice a week.
 
I started off soaking oats in milk, tried yogurt (did not like that) and recently swtiched to coconut water - it sweetens the taste of the oats. My regular fruit base is also blueberries (blueberries never tasted much to me, but they taste good with oats!) and occasionally, I throw in extras from my additional fruit basket provided by the father.
 

I started my Nike application in January 2015.
 
And in August 2016, I clocked in my 100th run. Prior to Nike, I used another running app but I really like this better. It's easy to use, free, and tracks the basic requirements of what I wish to know such as speed, distance; and it also captures the map route and includes settings per run like where you ran (indoors/ outdoors - track/ road/ trail) and how you felt (you may express it in the forms of emoticons).  Since my last entry about my running status, I've hit the 1-0-0!
 
*curtseys to applause
 
Without a run to work towards (any paid runs), I am less fussed about hitting any targets whether it is about clocking more distance or improving time. Truth is, I'm content to run regularly just because. And I know the sister will appreciate that - running, just because.
 
Bouncing castles FTW!

And just to finish off this entry about being active, the kids got a treat when (1) we headed to the club for some pool + sun activity yesterday. They bonded with the husband (while I got my work out - win-win!) and after the fun under the sun, they got some mindless bouncing time on the jumping castle. I'll admit that because it was quiet, I joined them for a short while for fun. Just the three of us bobbing up and down for no reason at all.

It was a nice weekend. Fuel and nourishment for our body and souls, both.

No comments:

Post a Comment