Monday, April 25, 2016

A pair of squabbly siblings

When I was younger, I remember fighting with my brother and sister quite a fair bit. We would fight over who sits where, who takes what, who plays what... you name it, we'd have fought over it and if you didn't think of it, we probably fought over that too.
 
I identify that it's a phase, a loooong phase in a child's life to fight with the sibling, since I did too. But as a parent, the stress of having them squabble constantly is such a pain. They fight incessantly over the tiniest things and so far, I have attempted different measures to control it. The husband has forced them to hold hands, we make them hug each other and apologies, we put them in the naughty corner together, we put them in separate naughty corners, we banish them to the room to think of their own behaviours, we have told them off of the importance of their one and only sibling... the list goes on.
 
Does it stop them from fighting? No.
 
I sure hope they will grow out of it one day (I know they will) and become a tight unit of siblings as I am with mine.
 
In the meantime, on this note of my ringing ears from their constant quarrels, there are indeed moments where they are very sweet and play with each other. I live for such moments.
 
A short moment where they were talking with each other in regular voice.
Aahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment