Tuesday, April 12, 2016

You know you are an Auntie when...

You don't really care what you wear in the hood. I wasn't poorly dressed... too badly anyway in my opinion. I had on a plain black t-shirt with Nike running shorts. And Havaianas. Like, quite branded, right?

You wear this nonchalantly-put-together outfit around your hood (aka market).... And also to the nearest suburban mall. It's still the same hood! 

You carry an umbrella when it is not raining. The sun is one kinda super duper glaringly, unforgivingly hot ok? 

You plan your non-working day around the children's schedule. Can I fit in a coffee before I pick him from his school bus? Do I have enough time to finish the doctor's run to pick her up? Can we head for lunch together after he alights the school bus? Is the supermarket queue very long - can I do a quick run in to buy bread and bananas in time to make the school bus? Decisions, decisions some people think it's easy but no one really understands the amount of logistics involved in running a household while trying to do all I can with/for the children.  

While waiting for the girl to finish class, I plan (a) a library run (b) a trip to the everything-also-have-shop and replenish the home's glass spoons (how is it we only have 4 in our house?! We definitely had more) (c) a random hair-accessory purchase because the girl is always complaining she doesn't have enough clips (and I do prefer to equip her with enough to keep herself neat and tidy than for her to be messy) (d) couldn't resist an egg tart (so good when it's still warm) even though I am absolutely not hungry (e) treat myself to an ice-cream. Just because. 

Mmmmm.
I decide on this indulgent chocolate overload cone for myself because it is cheaper than half-priced waffles on a Tuesday; despite the fact that I should not be eating this when I'm not very well especially since it is nearly dinner time... But sometimes you gotta live a little and screw the rules because I can. So I do!

And you know you are Auntie when you dribble all over with your cone and don't care at all... 


Spotty choc

It tasted so good. 

And you know you're Auntie when you know your sister is going to possibly make some snide comment(s) or giggle with understanding, or roll her eyes at this post...
 
Time to pick the girl from class. And... auntiedom goes on... 

The end. 

1 comment:

  1. i did all of the above. altho i do need to check and see the state of the plain black t. im pretty sure i will find a hole somewhere. HAHA if not, your outfit is JUST. NOT. COMPLETE.

    ReplyDelete