Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Day, 2016

Instead of hosting Christmas at our house this year, we did it at the brother's as he has a new abode and everyone was so blessed to be able to celebrate this day in his cosy domain. It was made even more special, as we all got treated to the feast that my sis-in-law cooked up. It was very yummy!


Happy tummies
Dessert was this rich, choc-matcha cake the sister organised.

In between food, we had some games, gift exchange and chit-chat. As always, it's the simplest affairs that are most heartfelt and amazing.

The best present one can ever have - family



As the day winded down, I was hit by a feeling of nostalgia. There has been so much pain, sadness and bad news this year - which I know must be the case every single year, but this year just feels so much more poignant. I truly think it's age, and I am mindful that it is I who controls my feelings and thoughts, and it cannot be a bad thing to be more optimistic and cheery in what I construe inside. As this year winds to a close, I wish that all the bad things are good lessons learnt, and I am even more thankful of the good things. I am definitely looking forward to 2017 and more positive thoughts!

Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment