Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Going off on our holidays - respectively

My dear parents brought the children on a cruise. This translated into days of fun for the children, and also a window period where the husband and I were both free to travel on our own. We jumped at the chance, of course and planned our own holiday. On that Monday, we started it off with lazy breakfast and packing at home, then after incessant nagging "is it time?" x 1,000,000 times, the kids were finally shipped off to the parent's. 
All ready to ship off!

After they left, the husband and I finished preparing for our own set-off... and it was the sweetest thing to receive an image update from the sister. The BIL had offered to send the parents and children off for their cruise.

BYEEEE!!!

The husband and I took our time to hit the airport, eat a meal, walkabout to replenish on toiletries, medicine (panadol, I felt like I needed it - oh boy, did I need it - but more on that later), coffee.. we even had time to try out the germ-infested OSIM massage machine. Just as we reached our gates, we heard our names being announced. Oops, last passengers on-board!

Leaving on a jet plane!

Now some months back, we realised that a friend and their children (playmates of our children) were going to be on-board the same cruise. It was very nice to receive updates from this friend, to see that the children had caught up.

Friends on-board the same cruise
Happy in their special bed!
Receiving such happy updates made me truly happy, and the husband and I were able to tune out and get comfortable on the flight to Krabi, his our happy place.


I have no pics from that day after we landed, but we spent the flight there safely (I was totally stuffed and snorty which resulted in me being truly unwell).. we were on-board with a class of French children going on an overseas excursion and there was so much chitter-chatter (even though you cannot see them as they were all short in the chair). An amusing sharing, is that when we landed, there was a wave of wheeee and some children even put their hands up in the air when there was slight shaking of the plane upon landing. Hilarious!


Due to my stuffy head/nose/ear, I dozed on the plane, I dozed on the car ride to the hotel... and though I made it to dinner (we located our only favourite restaurant) ... I fell asleep pretty early. My ears were so stuffed it brought an amazing pain and ache to my entire head, which felt like it was going to explode. I awoke in the middle of the night - it wasn't that late in reality - to find the husband still awake, and barely tolerating with my whining that my head was truly, truly going to explore.


Somehow, I made it back to sleep, not without an irritating, disco-thumping-eruption going on internally.


I made it through the night nearly unscathed (do not scorn my headache!) and truth is, it's now a week and I'm still living with the ringing in my right ear. The pain in the head is gone though, and I guess that's something that is so unbearable, the ringing is nearly normal to me now. I'm on meds which hopefully will help ... but yes, this wrapped up the first day that we said goodbye to the children and embarked on our respective travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment