Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Krabi, 6 Dec (Day 2)

I awoke the next morning with a dry throat and a dull ache in my temples. I felt as if I had a hangover without the nausea, and my ears were ringing from the aftershock of loud thumping from the dance floor on the disco... but of course, that would have been nearly as awful as what I was suffering from. This. Damn. Earache.


The good news was that the extreme pressure (explosion) had abated and all I had was... the ear ache. I still felt slightly tipsy... with imbalance, so while the husband opted to go swim and run, I opted to lie by the pool.


Hunger pangs hit so I ordered a bfast and coffee for myself


There was a passing shower as I sat under the umbrella... but thankfully, the skies cleared and we headed for a meal by the roadsides, then hit the beach. The afternoon was packed with nothingness as we laid by the beach and I received the much kneaded massage. We also had a late afternoon snack of grilled corn.


Personal chef grilling corn
The discovery of some vertigo meds made me (& the husband) so happy, as I popped them along with panadol to aid with the suffering. We headed to the restaurant for our dinner.


View from our dining table


The husband picking out our dinner

Waiting for dinner

Yum.
That pretty much ended our first full day on the island. I know it sounded as if I am whining while on holiday, but I must say that I was truly uncomfortable. Is it age that is making me so unable to bear with pain? I think there may be some truth in that, but I also know that despite my pains, I did go through the day and thankfully, we had major nothingness planned anyway. It would have been horrid to have to sacrifice any major activity, but I guess skipping alcohol for the day was a small price to pay to regain my sanity (and the husband's).


Good night world, oh go away already damn pains!

No comments:

Post a Comment