Monday, August 16, 2010

Scare

Last Saturday, the husband and I decided to bring Kate to the doctors' - we'd noticed that her eyes were slightly puffy and were worried that she was over-medicated and/or was allergic to her meds.

The pediatrician couldn't really tell that her eyes were puffy (probably because it wasn't too bad - that's a good thing) but he did detect a bit of wheezing.

"it's best you admit her for 2 days to clear the phlegm in her breathing tubes"

.......

The husband and I were so shocked by this sudden piece of news that we were quiet and didn't know how to respond. I knew that my mind was a blank. I couldn't believe how a seemingly harmless by-the-way trip wound up being so serious.

After deliberating, we decided not to admit Kate and rent the neubaliser machine back home to 'treat' her ourselves instead. The little one hates it, but I think it's doing some good. She doesn't have a cold, but her nose is mildly leaky, especially so after a treatment session which I take as a good sign - all the phlegm is coming out, slowly but surely!

Dear Kate, please purge out all the icky phlegm quickly, then you won't be wheezy anymore and not have any difficulty when you breathe. You're a strong girl and I know you will be well, very soon.
Love you my precious.

1 comment: