Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Busy night

Everyone’s b*tching about the sh*t weather we’ve been having. I find it very troublesome to have to leave the warm bed while rain is pelting down, and even more so when you have to step out under it. The perk of it though, is that the temperature is rather low and well, I feel cold! I’ve had to take out my thicker clothing and long-sleeved stuff to wear, quite a nice change from the humidity.

Last night, Kate and I had disturbed sleep and I gather I probably caught a chill from the air-conditioning. My throat was itchy and I felt semi-ill and I was very afraid that Kate will get an infected throat from me (sigh).

It was before 4am (because I heard it chime 4), when Kate woke up and started to cry. She probably had a dream, or she probably is in pain from her teething (I’ve spied whiteness in her gums around the molars) but whatever the case, my unhappy baby woke up. When this happened before, I’ll immediately stuff the pacifier into her mouth and she’ll go back to sleep feeling comforted. However, now that my baby is no longer reliant on the pacifier (YAY! *throws confetti); I have to let her crawl over me, literally.

She has a habit of coming to lie on my tummy to play with my bellybutton, or she’ll put her head very close to mine (knocking me, really) and she’ll pretty much doze off after she tires. I usually brace myself cos I never know how hard she’ll lie on me, my hip bone, my collar bone or my skull. It hurts me, as well as her when she’s over-zealous, but generally, I rather enjoy the intimacy and how she very much prefers to have me sleep with her. She even has a habit of "requesting" for me to sleep with her by patting the bed and calling "Mama" *beams

So last night, we were both up until past 5 (I heard it chime 5!) and we both fell asleep after I’d switched off the air-conditioning (it was still very cool). I'm not sure what time I finally slept but I had a headache when my alarm rang at 7am. It was another day and we all had to wake up to do what we had to do (some have it easier where she basically just eats, sleeps and makes merry) so up I got and ploughed myself through the motion to get to work.

Throughout our entire night’s adventures, the husband was out gallivanting on his own adventure with his pals. I received a (half-dead) update from him at 8.30am this morning, where he declared to me that he was “alive and had survived” the torturous night, I’m assuming. He’d gone out before Kate slept and was fighting his own (drunken) battle with his friends.

All in all, it's been a busy night for us 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment