Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cranky

That's Kate's middle name for the moment. Ever since she fell ill this past week, her mood has been horrible! She'll cry and whine and is generally very impatient. Guess we know she's truly feeling uncomfortable and she's expressing it this way. My heart goes out to her, though it is very trying. Last night, she took two hours to fall in and out of sleep, yelling her lungs out each time she jolted awake. Usually, I'm the appeaser and she'll feel comforted with me by her side, but not this time. She still yells and cries and is very frustrated yet unable to express herself. I tried rocking her, cajoling her, speaking sternly to her, and yet every time I manage to capture a lucid moment where she's listening to me after I ask "what do you want, Kate?", she just collapses into a tantrum all over again.

She was pointing to her cheeks at some point and I guess besides her body fighting the bug, she is also experiencing pain in her gums from her molar poking through. I can only imagine how icky she is feeling.

I must admit, I lost my temper a couple of times because I truly did not know what to do. What worked in the end was no credit to me - she simply cried herself hoarse and collapsed from exhaustion.

My poor baby. I hope she gets well and feels better very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment