Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food & us

The husband and I are lifestyle people. By that, I mean that we spend most (a lot) of our money on eating out, travelling, enjoying life, in general. The amount of money that we spend on feeding ourselves.. let’s not even go there. And though it’s not the healthiest thing for our bank accounts, I daresay that it complements our relationship as we have plenty of opportunities to be with each other, enjoying the company & food (& wine & sashimi & buffets &… you get the idea). We just enjoy life.

The husband is lean by nature. I’ve shared before how he’s naturally athletic and his metabolic rate is very high, to say the least. And he’s also disciplined. He will stop when he’s full. How annoying.

Me, now I’m a different story. I’m not lean by nature and I have to work out very hard to be normal. And the moment I slacken off my exercise, it goes to my fishball face. And butt. I find it terribly difficult to stop eating and not eat so I try to compensate by exercising. I enjoy food a lot. And I can eat a lot.

Kate. Now, she is a feisty little one with a huge capacity for food. Many people have commented that it’s a good thing she wants to eat because it’s tons better than a kid who refuses to eat. As much as I agree with that preference, Kate has demonstrated a huge appetite. She’ll ask for food with food in her mouth, she’ll ask for food after her meal, she’ll ask for food when she sees food. This CNY, she's gone ballistic cos every household that she goes to, there is a large display of food & she'll keep going "mum mum" non-stop until we distract her. Roars. She has this rather cute little paunch that’s cute as a child, but I sure hope she’ll start to moderate her eating soon. And here’s a series of pictures that I found of her doing what she likes best!








I think gluttony is hereditary. =_=

No comments:

Post a Comment