Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear Jake

Dear Jake,

I'm sorry that I have not written to you as much as I'd have preferred. But truly, when I say that I have not enough time, I'm not pulling a fast one. With not just you, but you and your sister, you have managed to turn the lives of your Papa and I upside down and inside out.

You are now 5months old and your character is developing much clearer. While before you were docile and sleepyhead, you are now more aggressive (expressive!) and playful. You are not as sociable compared to Kate, but this makes your smile even more precious when it peeks out. Most of the time though, you have what your yiyi names, the meh face.

meh

I suspect this is your father's genes playing its part. U'noe, the manly cool thing. You do adore your nainai though. That is apparent from the way you break out into a smile every time you see her and hear her voice.

You are strong and like to be upright. You can flip and lift your head up steadily. You can grasp things tightly with your fingers. You can stuff things into your mouth. You are drooling a lot and I'm waiting for those teeth to push through your gums. You can laugh and smile and gurgle. You want to play more now. You look around and absorb everything that's happening around you.

I'm trying to change your sleeping habits so that you'll sleep better through the night. You were also taken off the pacifier yesterday. Let's hope you kick the habit and become a good night baby (yawns).

I love you, my dear boy. You are handsome and calm (when not agitated or in a bad mood already) and I know your sister loves you dearly. I can't wait for you to become even more responsive and I know neither can Kate; so we can keep having more fun together.

Thank you for being part of my life, for being part of our little Seah family, for making our little family of four complete.

Love alot, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment