Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hitting the pool

It was my Friday off and I was lazing at home with the children while exchanging some texts with the sister. She was going for a swim and asked "do you want to come?" After some very quick calculations of logistics in my head (Can we make it? What must I do? What time is Jake's next feed? Are the kids sleepy?) I replied "ok!"

And off we went! Within half an hour of that last text, we were on our way. It was quite a good outing, I must say. Save for a little scare that Kate had, she had plenty of fun playing in the kiddy pool with all her toys. It was Jake's first time at the pool and his initial reaction was that of slight shock. But we encouraged him to kick and waddle and he did pretty good! At least he seemed comfortable enough in the water so I'm glad. Kate also got over her little hiccup and I managed to coax her to do some kicking and splashing about out of the "safe baby area only".


Waiting for our ride

Jake getting excited - it was his first time at the pool!

The hand-me-down suit fit him perfect

My pretty princess

Getting some sun felt good (*ugh bad pic with the finger!)

Thanks to the sister with her impromptu suggestion, we all had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment