Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Raisins

Those who know me will know that I don't like raisins. I don't know why. I mean, I can eat them. I just don't like to. So I avoid foods with them like fruit cake, rum and raisin ice-cream... though in recent years, I'm less particular about consuming them. Maybe cos I'm too lazy to be mindful of picking them out of my foods, I make Kate learn to share by eating her raisins and well, just because.


With Kate and the husband picking their breakfast before me ended up in the unfortunate (for me) state of me left with the raisin bread.

In my more diligent and particular moods, I pick out the raisins.

But! This post isn't about how gross the random raisins look (heh). It's about the conversation I had with Kate - at the point of me packing my breakfast and seeing that I was left with the lonesome raisin bread, I let out a loud wail and went "arghhh I don't like this raisin bread! Why is it left for me? I don't like raisins!"

Kate looks up from eating her breakfast and says to me "but raisins very nice you know!"
Me: I don't like raisins!
Kate: But raisins very nice!
Me: I don't like raisins!
Kate: But raisins very nice!

So funny this little girl. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment