Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hand-painting fun

Kate learnt about hand-painting through watching Hi5. I thought that it’d be a fun activity for her to engage in. I also thought it’d be very messy, but since I have help these days, I am more willing to let her play with mess. I was out at the shops and got some paint and on a suitable idle Friday (my off day), I took it out and it was precious watching Kate’s face light up with pleasure and delight! I didn’t allow her to mix the colours though (so awful) so I let her try one colour only and it was good enough for her.

First you dip your hand in

Then you put your hand on the paper

Tada!

Looking very pleased with herself and the work

Jake looks on (I can't imagine the day both of them start doing this simultaneously. I think I may have to newspaper the whole house from floors to walls and perhaps the ceiling too
Many pink hands


Paint on her cheek (& hair & clothes & ...)

Totally worth it to see how delighted she is!

The second time we handpainted and we ended up with many blue hands around the house

Watching her play with mess really made me happy. She thoroughly enjoys herself and it keeps her occupied for at least an hour+. I think the next time we whip this out, we’ll start making footprints too!

No comments:

Post a Comment