Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blur

Everything looks a blur.

For posterity's sake, I'm putting on record (along with my fellow country mates) that the highest PSI record dated 20 June 2013 is 371 (as at 5pm). I remember the haze some months ago (don't recall when exactly) and the husband and I were amazed at how bad the air quality is. Actually scrap that. Amazed is the wrong choice of word. More like, dismay. We had to switch on the aircon and kept the kids indoors but it was nowhere as bad as this round of haze attack. 

So since yesterday, we shut the windows and turned on the air-conditioning. The kids seem fine for now - K is coughing slightly (though that may be due to the ice-cream (sneaky) treat she received from yeye yesterday). They are both hot and bothered and their rashes have flared up slightly because the air is so dry. As for me, my throat is scratchy and dry, and I want to scratch my eyeballs out. Hm, the kids probably feel the dry throat too but are unable to tell me. The husband complained of a sore throat this morning and he had to rush back to work last night (when the PSI read 290 - he thought it was a typo!) to settle emergencies that cropped up no thanks to this haze. 

On a lighter note, I kinda feel like I'm walking about with really dirty glasses. You know, cos everything is a blur. 

(No) view from my balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment