Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Midweek ramble

Because of the haze, our family of four has been squashed into one room for the past week. (Actually, come to think of it, we can still split sleeping into two rooms ... but this is more economical anyway.) So this means that I go to sleep rather early with Kate. My desire to stay up and watch TV and do nothingmuchatall has not materialised because I become so lazy and well, fall asleep with her. I think the husband was startled that I went to sleep with K before 9pm on Monday night! (I was too, really.)

With the haze, I have also stopped running. And my body is slowly, but surely, degenerating.

It's the last week of Kate's school holidays (GASP. WHERE is time?!) and thankfully, her schedule is pretty packed this week. The MIL stayed over for two nights; the cousins and aunts brought both monkeys out to the library yesterday, and tomorrow they will be going out with their Godpa, and Friday is family dine-out night. We also have a wedding to attend this Sat, plus a birthday party for Sun - her holidays are coming to an exciting finale!

The husband and I have discussed and are making an effort to have dinners together regularly on the weekdays. At least one night every weekday. I like such homely arrangements.

The kids are growing up so quickly. I look at kawaii Jake and marvel at how he's such an able-bodied active stubborn little monkey. Kate has also grown to such a mini adult, exercising her independence and announcing proudly "I did ______ all by myself, you know?" 

Truly, I got a mini fright yesterday when I looked at the calendar and realise that its the end of June this week and this means that we are halfway through the year. O.M.G.

So anyway, this midweek ramble is just that - a ramble. And as always, I love to end off sweetly with (what else?) a pic I took of the kids this morning.

K had woken up grumpily and she dragged herself out of the room and found J snoozing in the other room; she immediately laid down beside him and in typical J fashion, he was up and about in seconds - and this was that moment. Somehow, them cuddled up together in their snuffly pyjamas reminded me of hamsters. Hah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment