Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A nice long weekend

And just like that, May rolls around.
 
Besides the fact that we're hurtling through the space of time at lightning speed, it also means that some things are also more settled, as we get into the groove of routine. In the second month of this year, I wrote about our new routine (because primary school) and 5 months in, the routine has pretty much stayed the same. We still gotta wake up at an unearthly hour, but everyone's gotten more used to that and I've also kept to my me-time in that magical hour just as dawn breaks.
 
The last two+ weeks have also been slightly rough with the husband being away, but as with all things, when the pain goes away (just for the record it was extremely painful with the girl being very sick and homebound due to the damn virus) things seem to be fine again (hooray), and besides missing the husband a great deal, the household was pretty well-oiled with us getting used to being just us, and the nightly routine of chasing sleep seems to have gotten slightly better... I guess all things need time to be settled and it's about time that we've calibrated well.
 
I stumbled into a routine the past 3 weekends with me hitting the gym on Saturdays (window period while baby boy is at class) and attending yoga on Sunday (window period while the beloved parents take the kids for breakfast). I think as I age, I definitely crave routine as it gives me stability. I captured this shot on Sunday morning, after my yoga class.
 
Singapore's version of cherry blossom. Nice weather, post workout. Bliss.
 
How has it been the first 4 months of the year? Has it been well, can it be better? I'll say that considering all things, it has been pretty decent. It's not been easy, and things have been hectic, but I am choosing to be thankful that things are settling and while I imagine that nothing will become easy, it does become easier to cope with a healthier mindset and an optimistic attitude.
 
We just came back to work/school today with the long labour day weekend past, and there are plenty of exciting and fun things to look forward to always.
 
Hope you had a refreshing, happy, rested and lovely long weekend too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment