Sunday, May 22, 2016

Grandma visits K @ recess

K's classmate + her mom, K + her Grandma
 
 
Last week, the school invited parents of primary 1 children to visit the school during the children's recess time. This time will allow parents to interact with their children, and observe how they are during their break-time. Unfortunately, the husband and I were unable to attend, but thankfully, my Mom could and the beloved Grandma attended this recess session.
 
While I do not imagine the session to bring much surprises (K did not bring her waterbottle to recess so she bought a drink. Typical.), my intent of asking the Mother for help was because I wanted K to feel the love from us. As a child, I remember parent-attendances of certain things quite clearly and it is this love that I wish to pass on to K, for her to know that we are interested and wish to be part of her life.
 
For the record, K had chee cheong fun that day and received bonus money from Grandma as she wanted to buy some gummies. She was also very interested to be with her friends (uh, this famous friends-are-best-phenomena has begun!).
 
I'm thankful too that the Mother took time off to be as part of our lives as she can.
 
Thankful for a lovely school, a lovely child and a lovely Mom who is always willing to lend a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment