Thursday, May 19, 2016

A visit to Pasir Ris Park

This little boy decided that he wanted to go to Pasir Ris Park to cycle. He decided this early in the day and told me of it. The weather had been erratic lately, so I told him that we'd have to see how the skies hold up, before I commit to bringing them to the park.
 
Saturday rolled by with passing showers, and by the time we were done with our must-dos of the day (classes), the skies still looked slightly overcast. I was honestly reluctant to hit the park because it seemed so much effort and far away... but a determined person is hard to distract and despite countering options, the request for the park was still high and strong and because it truly was not raining at that point in time (at about 5.30pm), I made the call to "let's go!"
 
I decided on a whim to drive by to get dinner so that we'd all not starve, picked up the girl and my helper so that we could have an impromptu picnic... and when we hit the park the kids realised their desire of renting bicycles to cycle.
 
View from my mat
 
Honestly, I did not move from the mat once I settled on it. I was tired - had been from the past weeks of work baggage - and I did feel guilty that I wasn't truly engaged in activities with the children. But I sought comfort from their happiness in sweating it out through cycling... and indulging them in play plus junk food (when Mommy gives them Maccas, it's a rarity!)


Happy Meal-time
 
Happy kids
 
An observation I made, was that the food was not as exciting to them as cycling. Perhaps they were out of breath and unable to eat properly, but it seemed that they came back to the mat to drink water and have some nibbles, but seemed more keen to move on and continue cycling than indulge in their fries & burger. Anyhow, the hour's rental was perfect because it was enough to give them the physical expension they needed, while not tiring them out completely if it was more than an hour.
 
Sweaty cyclist

Relaxing alone

After they returned the bicycles, they sat about and made a lot of noise... and I thought it was sweet to capture a pic of them hugging, so I asked them to pose for me.

Sight for sore eyes

That resulted in a collapsed heap of giggles as they started to tickle and feel all gigglish... and with that, I end off with my favourite moment/picture of the day.

Giggles

No comments:

Post a Comment