Friday, November 25, 2016

A treat for K

Mommy's elf duties after the children go to sleep

It has been an eventful year for K, because Primary 1. It marks such a significant milestone for all of us, and after the enormous amount of stress I put myself through - logistics, routine, scheduling, tween attitudes, extra classes, tuition, feedback sessions, homework, school-bag packing, performances... the list is endless! - it is now time to enjoy the down-time because, school holidays. Everyone say HOORAY!


I decided to give K a treat for all the pains and lessons we have gone through together, also because she did perform pretty well. Her year end report book showed pretty decent grads and I cannot say how relieved and proud I am of her. While I try not to be too conscious of grades, it is the attitude that I hope she carries through for the best way forward.

Discovering her present the next morning
Tearing the gift open
Counting down to Christmas
It makes me so happy to see her appreciative of the gift. It is the first time I am exposing her to the idea of an advent calendar, and I must say I have mis-judged my girl. I had thought she will be too impatient to open up the boxes a day at a time, and that she will cave and open them all/more than one a day. So far, it's been a week and she has been patient. I must remind myself not to judge her so quickly! Each day, she opens up the mystery box and shows me what she got. It's also amazing watching her role play with the little characters with her brother.


Ahh, what lovely sights to behold.


Well done, my sweet child. You have been amazing, and despite our pains and trials for the year, you have emerged pretty unscathed, I think. Good luck to us next year and hopefully, it will be better. I know we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment