Monday, November 28, 2016

Winding down 2016 - a month to Christmas

Things have been hectic.I know I keep saying it, but it is true. Work has been busy, our schedules have been packed with activities and this year, I feel more overwhelmed by everything everywhere than actually feeling like it is nearly Christmas.


So when I was home and able to set the tree up with the family on this wet, cool, lazy Saturday evening, it felt right and I was reminded of the things that truly matter, who anchor me; a reminder to not sweat the small stuff (too much) and to be thankful.


Strength in unity
Our tree is up

I'm ahead of schedule this year and am all done with my gifts. It feels awesome to see the tree lit up and I cannot wait for my mood to match the time of the year. It's truly time to wind down, count my blessings and welcome the new year.


In a few days, it'd be December already and no matter how rough the year has been, I wish to be reminded of the lessons and walk away stronger than before. What a ride, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment