Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Krabi, day one

We took the afternoon flight. Probably a good idea because packing for two children is serious business. By the time the father came by to pick us up, we had barely just closed up the last of our two huge luggages. While the husband thought that I had overpacked the kid's stuff, I beg to differ. Turns out I was right - can't never have enough clothes or things for the young ones!

At the airport. We had a mini unglam moment where I had to open up one big luggage to prepare a feed of milk for Kate's afternoon milk. Oops. The husband glared at me (big time. But we still made it right?!)
Our lives have become a ton easier ever since Jake could sit on his own in a high chair. The little one knows how to demand for biscuits and bounces in excitement when he eyes his baby biscuits


We had time to check in and head for a very unsatisfying lunch at Starbucks, before we had to board already. Not before we did two quick calls to the grandmoms to allow Kate to share her happiness with them!

It was 5minutes to the gates closing. It was such a thrill running down the gangway and off we went!
It was a short flight, only 1.5hours and I'm glad to say that both kids took well to flying. Both managed to nap for a bit and while Kate had some ear discomfort due to the air pressure on the flight's descent, we managed to get her to correct the problem soon enough.

The husband and I like DIY holidays, so this was none different. We rented our own vehicle and drove from the airport all the way to Krabi town. It was rather stressful, honestly, cos I was trying to read the (&%^&$!) map while the kids were whining and bouncing about in the car. But yay to teamwork, we made it, albeit after a few wrong turns. YAY!

Enjoying the "sweet sweet" welcome drink
After checking into our hotel, we allowed the husband a little bit of time at the gym before heading out for a sumptuous dinner.

While Papa was at the gym...
From the last trip to Krabi (couple trip), the husband and I chanced upon this divine restaurant that serves the most yummy Thai food. It was our haunt for dinner every night and we dived right there.

Our spread. Every single dish was very, very yummy.
Gigantic prawn!

Enjoying dinner
The feast ended our night on a high and perhaps it was the excitement through the day, Kate refused to sleep until way too late. But I remember going to sleep thinking that it was our holiday (Yay!) and I swear I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment