Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mid-day treat

I was a silly dodo today.

I went to work without some parts from my breast pump and I had to nip back home mid-day to get my equipment. While it was troublesome, I had little choice and truth is, I was so happy to see my kids.


He made me SO happy!
Jake was awake and look at how happy he was to see me! I felt equally happy to see him  and it was such a nice feeling being able to cuddle him and well, just cuddle him and watch his beautiful face.

Kate was asleep and I didn't disturb her...though I couldn't resist giving her a kiss when I was leaving and she woke up.
Sleeping beauty
Her eyes flitted open and I whispered to her "Kate, Mommy is going to work already" and she got whiney (and confused) "WHY" and I explained that I only came back to grab something and I had to go back to work. She said "you come back later ok..."  and allowed me to leave. This little girl is so mature for her grand old age of 3 sometimes and I love her with all my heart.

Being a parent is an amazing thing. I mean, just to put on record that last night, both kids kept me up at intervals through the night (3am: Kate vomitted; 5am: Jake wet the bed) so I'm tired as h*ll now, but truth is, I'll never give up the bad because it is a whole experience along with the good. And it is all part of learning, for me, as a mother, as a person, as a wife...

So yea. Love love love my kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment