Friday, April 19, 2013

Recap of me-time

In my last post, I shared about how thankful I was/am about being able to go on this solo holiday. Honestly, while I was toggling whether it was the best decision to go, I absolutely have no regrets about it. On one hand, while I recognise that it was selfish (given that the kids will always need me/a person to care for them; and they were ill just before I left; and the husband had an assignment to submit...); I really think that it was such a good break and I had time to be alone, do nothing/something/silly things; and spend time with the sister.

Many years ago, the sister and I talked about going on a holiday - just us two - and while that hadn't happened yet (we wanted to do Hawaii), I think this trip is sorta a good preview to many more good times we can share.

There were so many highlights in the trip - every moment along the way was so fun and great that I really cannot pinpoint ONE key highlight. Truth is, having the sister & her boyfriend along was a blessing and I'm lucky that I had their company and the whole break was just awesome.

Beautiful weather, awesome company, ginormous spread - we were in such a good place.
Sister silliness - laughs and spontaneity
In awe of nature
Re-living child's play
The blue house - the perfect spot for perfect pictures
Nightfall - King's Park
Healthy living daily
Special place, special sisters, special bond
Treat at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant
Thank you for being my sister
Thanks to lovely meimei Jos who so generously shared her home with us

No comments:

Post a Comment