Wednesday, December 31, 2014

31 December 2014


Sleepyheads

And the kids headed to the zoo! With our uncles and cousins.

While the husband and I had the luxury of time to ourselves. This is us post-gym. Bliss.

We managed to run some errands and snuck in an ice-cream treat too. 

Finished off with a simple dinner with family.
Couldn't have asked for a better day - where we are together, yet not, doing things together, yet not. It's all so simple but precious because we are safe, healthy and able beings. 

Over lunch, the husband and I had some light and serious conversation about the year, and 2015. Here are my thoughts:
  • Keep it simple. There's a real tendency in our lives today to be in-the-know. Social media? Always on it. Work emails? Checking in way too much. Kids' classes? Thinking of signing up for more. Sales? Wanting to buy more. It doesn't have to always be gogogo; it's not necessary because we truly already have more than we need. So let's keep it simple. Slow down.
  • Love more. My parents, my children, my MIL, my siblings, my husband. There cannot be too much love in this world and that's one thing that we definitely need more of. Especially to those who mean the most to us. 
  • Be in the present. To not be distracted, to listen more, to do more, to enjoy more. 
  • Keep moving. By that, I refer to exercise. I said I'd pick up rollerblading because my daughter did, but I didn't. (Something to take up next year?) But I did have another good year where exercise is concerned and I clocked a good time in my half-marathon and continued running through the year. I also picked up yoga and I hope to continue this active lifestyle for my own good. I'm happy to have kept introducing this active lifestyle to my children
  • Give more. I just signed up to sponsor a child, and I introduced the kids to giving programmes. I hope to keep giving, to be less selfish. This should be more in line with being more content and thanksgiving. 
  • Laugh more.
2014 - 68 runs, 481.6km.

On this note, I hope you enjoyed your year and have a great one ahead. I'm going to savour the rest of my quiet evening at home. 

Goodbye busy 2014. Hello, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment