Friday, December 19, 2014

Share a gift by Boys' Brigade


What it is about
We picked up this flyer at the supermarket one time and I thought it'd be nice to introduce the concept of giving to the children. So I told them to empty their piggy banks and buy some food for the needy. 


Milo
He realised he couldn't carry milo if he didn't pass the coffee pack to me
Reaching for her money
Dropping the bought goods at the counter
Watching the boys pack
They had such innocent questions like "are these police?" / "they have no money? they are very hungry?" / "how they help" / "why must put in box"?

I tried my best to answer their questions and explain myself clearly, to teach them that there are less unfortunate people and they are doing good by doing this donation. To remind them that they are fortunate and to pass on love and to be kind.

I hope we continue doing this with them year on year.

No comments:

Post a Comment