Monday, December 8, 2014

Hi5 - still a hot favourite

Hi5 is the child-equivalent of those long-soap dramas like "Days of our lives" or some chinese-drama that crawls at the pace of a snail. The cast has changed several rounds over (since the time I knew of their existence), but until today I still think that it is highly enjoyable, educational and fun. I love watching their props - some so ingeniously created!

K's been a huge fan since she was little, and I paid good money to catch their live show last year. It's such a good experience that I knew I will bring not just one, but both kids to catch it if it came again. So we did. 

Fun times
Everyone had such a good time!

K, being more experienced in catching shows, was a gem. She danced and hopped about and got on with it with the crew on stage. At one point, she told me (mid-show) "Mommy, Taneika was looking at me!" I did not have the heart to tell her that's probably untrue, but I'm thrilled that she was so engaged.

J, on the other hand, was in a daze! I think he kinda got the concept that this was Hi-5 live, and he seemed a bit overwhelmed. He sat on my lap through the show but was involved with the hand-actions. I knew he was aware of what was going on, because he also responded to their questions.

"Do you like fishing?"
YESSS - yelled the crowed.... & J turns to me and goes "Mommy, I don't like fishing"

I love how simple things are to him and how earnest he was in responding to me with his true answer. I assured him that it's fine, it's ok that he didn't want to (there were two such questions that he responded quietly to me the negative) and I adore his cute self to bits.

Love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment