Friday, March 14, 2014

Carefree

I just had a pretty one-sided conversation with my kids. They were  distracted, not interested to speak with me (as I am with them).... but it still brings a smile to my face and my day is instantly brightened because I'm reminded of the important things in life. No matter how challenging things may seem at work, I remind myself to not be sucked into the little things that while may matter, will pass.

And I witness Kate spin around and around for no reason at all. Maybe she wanted to get dizzy, maybe she just felt like releasing some energy she has (probably, because she told me she had candy from a classmate's birthday pack) - I spent 10 therapeutic seconds watching her spin around and laughing; and felt great.

I also spent a good couple of minutes talking absolute rubbish with my sister. OK, more like to her than with her (only in this instance) because I felt like it.

Sometimes, little things mean the most.

The weekend is coming - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment