Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brunch with Mom

I had a pretty bumpy Saturday (it was 7 November). So maybe I will share more why, but for now, I'm focusing on the best thing that happened that day, which was the morning spent with Mom. I think, that while we can pamper our friends and parents with material things and as much as we all enjoy receiving gifts, it's time that is most precious and invaluable to share. I'm glad that on this day, Mom was free and we made good use of time chaperoning K at class to have a decadent brunch together.
 
Mom and her big breakfast
 
We went to PAUL which serves a pretty decent range of food at decent prices too. It's my 3rd time there and the past experiences have all been pretty good. The only "problem" is that the main meal is always so filling that I end up not able to indulge in sweets too #firstworldproblem
That sounded really bimbotic but it is true, so maybe I need to attune my palate to start off with something sweet to be able to savour a dessert piece at PAUL.
 
The sister had made plans to join us for a coffee so while we were waiting for her, the Mother and I were oh-so-kind.
 
Pic sent to the sister: Mom says she's saving these for you. It's atas
tasty bread, she says
 
Pic sent to the sister: Oops I ate too quick so none from my plate left for you 

See how considerate the Mother and I are, to remember the little girl and for me to provide live updates so the sister knew what to look forward to #happyfamily

Jokes aside, it was really a lovely morning and it was what I needed to slow down and relax after a late night the previous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment