Monday, November 30, 2015

Sunny Sunday at the beach

It's the school holidays! So this weekend, we ventured to our "holiday destination" across the bridge that joins us from the island of Singapore, to the island of Sentosa.
 
 
Noon

The sun was up, the kids were excited and we headed to Tanjong Beach in search of a suitable spot where we could park ourselves. Man, was the sun up and blazing.


This little girl plonked herself right on the beach in search of seashells

Sandplay

The husband headed off for a run, while I did my best to find the shadiest spot under the trees. The kids headed straight to play in the waters/sand.


Picnic!
 
Thanks to enthusiastic cooks, we had more than enough to eat. Yummy in our tummies. Coincidentally, we bumped into a friend who brought his own paddle surfboard. The husband tried it, and so did the little ones.
 

A board can fit many kids comfortably!

Water/snack break
 
The kids had such a good time with their friends. They just ran up and down the beach and seawaters a million times and it was such a great afternoon.
 

A happy sunbaked boy

Family :)
 
We made ourselves very comfortable

After 5 scorching hours at the beach (yes, despite my best efforts I still got sunburnt on parts of my body where I was sloppy with the sunscreen), we headed off.


This little boy fell asleep within minutes

While I wish I was not darker or burnt, I did have a great time. Sipping beers in bright daylight makes it feel exactly like a holiday and that was exactly how I needed to feel.

What a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment