Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Godiva treat - and a beautiful day afterall

So, I had grand plans of running this evening. In a bid to train leading up to the half-marathon in one month's time - gasp - I wanted to try running home from work. I was rather excited about it and was kinda looking forward. In between calls, the husband texted and it seemed that going to the gym was a possibility which was also nice because I love spending time with him.
 
Then work happened. And it got kinda stressful and all that kinda blah stuff and feelings. I watched the skies grow darker from my meeting room and felt slightly down. I felt bummed out that I couldn't run when I wanted to.
 
Bless this sweet, lovely man who volunteered to drive all the way out to town where I am to meet with me; despite being home already. The effort he made to come out, not backing off when he possibly could have chosen to stay home made me very pleased. We had a nice Jap dinner (burp) and after unwinding with the good food in my belly and feeling slightly flushed from the umeshu (it's healthy, right) I started to feel way better. I know that the challenges at work are just part and parcel of life and it's my journey to experience and gain knowledge from; plus it's all good. Life is really good and I am not going to let little challenges and learning blocks stumble me. Yes, they will train me but I am mindful that they should not consume me wholly. I am trying to remember to take things into perspective and be happy! I have so much to be thankful for in life and tonight was a real case where I still ended off the evening very beautifully with my love.
 
I guess it also helped that I discovered this ummaaaazzzzing ice-cream that is so rich and splendid it was worth every, single calorie (except for the waffle biscuit, could have been better). So with all this self-pep talk,  I declare that it was a good day afterall #thanksgiving
 
Oh sweet, rich chocolate ice-cream yummmm

No comments:

Post a Comment