Monday, November 23, 2015

Last day of school 2015

20 November 2015 marked the last day of the school year. My children looked forward to this day because (1) they got to perform what they had been practising for in front of an audience (2) Mommy has taken leave to go watch them on this day (3) They get to wear their own clothes (not the school uniform) to school (special day!) (4) A party means plenty of treats (hello sugar overload)
 
I was also looking forward to the day because I'd planned a day off and had a million things planned in my head, on what I could do with the children. Throw in an errand or two, plus a date night with the husband that evening (no more exams everyone say Hooray!), the weekend was already off to a good start!
 
After sending the kids to school, I had an hour or so in-between and I used that hour well, to work out. I've been pretty good with squeezing in some activity most days of the week though I'm aware that my running is not clocking enough distance with the run looming closer. Anyhow, I digress.
 
So after the refreshing workout, I headed to school with the MIL to catch the annual concert at the school.
 
 
K performed 2 dances with her Chinese Immersion Class friends
 
K did a super job dancing her 3 segments. There were 2 in the sparkling pink outfits, and 1 in the cheerleading outfit. She had been practising for months and I know that she enjoys performing. I've said this before and I will again, that if there is an opportunitiy I will let her take up dance as an additional activity beacuse she enjoys it and she's told me so several times.
 
 
The baby class of the school performed "Jingle Bells"

J was so adorable. It cannot be helped but when the littlest of the school goes on stage, everyone goes aawwww. They are just so tiny in comparison and the cutest little things. There was a child who had a severe case of stage fright and bawled throughout the whole song. J did so well, not only going along with the dance but over-performing during the jump. What a star.

The graduating K2-lets of 2015 :)

It fascinated me to know that K understood how she will not be with these friends. She has lamented several times how "oh I will not see my friends anymore after this!" - and while she doesn't seem too heartbroken, I think it's great how she's forged good friendships with some of these children and how she doesn't seem to terrified of the aspect of going to Primary 1 next year either. I'm not sure how I feel but hey, we'll get through it, I'm sure.

So, after their performances, I headed for lunch with the MIL (hello famous and super yummy fish may noodle soup), had some nice chats and dropped her off at the train station. During this time, the children were consuming copious amounts of food and sugar. I picked them up and proceeded to bring them to the trampoline park, as I had planned!

Due to a long session booked for a big group of children, my kids only had a half-hour slot. It was sufficient though, with just the two of them bouncing away with the whole hall to themselves. How awesome. The last time we went, it was months ago and it was still as fun and enjoyable to them. They requested to go again (again! again!) and I know we will bring them again


Jumping trampolines + basketball - these are a few of his favourite things
 
After a pretty strenuous workout, I then brought them for the next treat - junk food!
 
Happiness
 
How sharing an ice-cream cone looks like with 2 greedy children hehe

By this time, it was nearly 5pm and we headed home. Of course, the children were on such an adrenaline high they said that they were not tired and still wanted to play. I let them be because I knew they will start to feel tired in due time.
 


KO 1
KO 2


I left home about 545pm and by that time, J had already fallen asleep. By the time I arrived at dinner, both kids were down.

I'm happy that they had a nice time and it was so lovely being able to spend time with them and watching them so happy.

The day ended with dinner for two. What a beautiful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment