Friday, October 21, 2016

Lego Family Day, year 2

How quickly time flies... it felt not too long ago that I invited my family to the office for the first time last year. In this  year, I've gone through quite a lot at work; both in terms of learning as well as challenges and learning to deal with life... but yes; I digress. This is about the lovely afternoon where the family had the chance to have fun, together.


Oddly, while there's a change in our schedules for Saturday, it turned out that J and I ended up going to the office together alone, again.



In the lifts, going up!
After collecting our name tags and door gifts (the children received a t-shirt each, such a lovely gift for them!), J and I headed off to explore.

First game station - ball dart
Second play station
Third playstation
As J and I arrived on the dot, there was little crowd and this made the game play very smooth. We managed to try several counters all within half an hour.


Kill the alligator!
At about the half hour mark, the husband and K arrived. We went to meet them, and took our family picture :)


LEGO Family Day, 2016
The girl was keen to get started on play, and the husband and I swapped roles to cover boy/girl team respectively.


Colouring station

Last year, I was so frantic trying to run from station to station (FOMO, yo) that I was exhausted (yes, I tired myself out). This year, I reminded myself that this was an experience for everyone, and there was no real need to rush, or 'conquer'; just enjoy. So when the girl opted for a colouring station (which I thought was boring), I obliged as this was as much, if not more a time for her; and so we sat down. I also took a sheet to colour.


When she was ready, we moved to the other play room where we got to play with bricks...it was a simple game. Build anything you want and test it on the ramp to see if it'd work! Simple genius.

Testing her vehicle

In between play, we took pictures, ate our lunch and spent most of the time back at the building room as the children enjoyed building, rebuilding and testing their vehicles.


After 2 hours, it was time to leave. Here's our parting shot:

Nothing not to love with children and pets

The children are familiar with the office this time, having been here before, and they were so comfortable roaming about. I also loved how it was a simple afternoon where the family got to be together in a different activity than usual.


So thankful for this opportunity to share this lovely space and play-time with the family. Hopefully, until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment