Monday, October 3, 2016

The dragon

When I was a child, my mom introduced a view of a dragon statue to my siblings and me. It stood along the expressway and the three of us will crane our necks out to catch a peek of it as we went by this particular stretch of road. Fast-forward 25 years, and for some reason, I pointed the same dragon out to my children some months back. It brought back adorable memories of how in my days, as children, we will also ask for a slower drive-past so that we can see the statue, we will argue or gloat among us if we did or did not manage to see the dragon. I also remember how affected my brother would get if he did not see the dragon - tears would fall!


So after many occasions of playing 'spot the dragon', along came last weekend when we were relatively free and on a whim, we made our way to see the dragon upclose and personal!


J, the enthusiastic, making a run towards the dragon


J was so happy, he marched right up to it and
declared, 'I want to take a picture!'
It was also my first time visiting the dragon and it was quite an interesting experience. Nothing super fancy, but it was something nice that we could share.


PS: am happy to announce that J is none the worse for wear. He has been a super trooper since his accident and besides a stinky head (as he cannot wash his hair to prevent water on his wound), he is fine. I hope that he continues to heal well and encounters no further mishaps to the healing wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment