Monday, August 1, 2011

"Mama, pat"

The husband has been a gem, putting Kate to sleep for weeks now. Last night, however, was one of those nights that Kate outplayed (literally) her parents and tired us out. During such times, Kate will pull out all her antics and do everything she can to not sleep. She will roll around the bed, sing songs, switch from her side of the bed to Papa's, talk to herself and gibber non-stop... The list is endless.

During such moments, the husband and I will play dead. We will pretend sleep and when we are lucky, she will suddenly tire herself out and fall asleep. Or she may call out "Papa /Mama, pat" and she'll eventually doze off.

Last night, Kate did something rather funny.

She was rolling around while I laid still and she came up to my face and stroked my cheek. She then climbed onto the bed and put her head on my pillow. She then stroked my other cheek and whispered, "Mama pat". I was pretend-sleeping so I ignored her. She then did it again.

"Mama, pat" she whispered. Before I could react, she called out loudly the third time "Mama pat!"

I was so amused by the silly girl! It's not often that she openly displays affection and to have her touch my face made my heart sing. To have her whispering, thinking that I'm asleep is just a haha topping that really made me laugh when I recounted the story to the husband.

Ah, the joys of a kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment