Friday, August 26, 2011

Sleep is hard work

I'm not proud to say that Kate goes to bed pretty late. It's always been about 9ish, 10... and lately it's become as late as 11. And there are nights where she just refuses to go to sleep and she will go to sleep past 11, one time this week she was so hyperactive that I swear she only slept past 12. It is terribly late and I hate it! There's really much I can do to help her sleep earlier, but it's so much work getting her to go down that I'm tired even thinking about the task. The husband is very (very) busy these days and he cannot really help with this task, and even if he were home, he'd be either doing his work while allowing Kate to be on her own because (in his logical train of thinking) "she's not tired what", or Kate will still ask (demand) that I be the one to "sing"/ "pat" / "scratch her back".

I've also been having trouble falling asleep. My mind is constantly whirring, I'm sensitive to everything - light, sound, temperature - every little bit of thing will wake me up and I'll have to work very hard to go to sleep again. And even when I sleep, I'm always dreaming (weird dreams!), and I always startle awake because of an alarm (not mine!), or Kate's bumped into me, or some thing or other, and I always feel tired.

Unfun.

1 comment:

  1. hey girl hang in there~~ been thinking about you and wanting to ask you out for kopi. text me lah.

    ReplyDelete