Monday, August 5, 2013

Being thankful - my siblings

So I'd written a dedication to the sister. And while I can do one for the brother too, I think it'd be cooler to do one for us.

Us = my brother, my sister and I. The trio.

From the eldest (me) to the youngest (her), there're 7 years between us. He drops comfortably in-between. We have always been close. Our parents had a regular routine where for many, many years of our lives, we had daily dinners together (all through to my college years) and every Sunday was visit-Grandpa day. In the earlier years, from the time I was little till 12, we would even hit the neighbourhood playgrounds together. I know the brother and sister still continued to do so, but I had hit high school and well, became cooler. In my head, anyway.

And while we continued to grow, and do our own thing, we were always held together by great values - kudos to our parents, especially Mom who encouraged an open relationship; and we hang out as a family because we want to, we like to. It wasn't forced, not unhappy, and much looked-forward to.

I'm so thankful for our relationship. We may not talk as much between us three, but we do try. We also had phases in our lives where we did a lot more together. The brother and the sister's time in uni overlapped and they were housemates; the brother and I were ex-colleagues for some years too. We definitely have a good thing between us; we are there for one another, the good and bad.

So here's a quick pictorial rundown of our past years, the 3 of us, inspired by the sister's picture she took yesterday (While my offsprings (ok, more Kate since she's older) were flipping through our old family albums yesterday) while we were all hanging at Mom's yesterday.

Here's to more family holidays, family time, family love.

19 years ago! We did a USA tour around different states and this was taken in San Francisco. When pictures captured the date of when it was taken.

18 years ago. On the Beijing leg of the tour, where we also hit Japan after China. This famous picture is what we now always seek to replicate, because it was taken so impromptu, so fun-ly, so lovingly. 

2010, Perth. This was taken in UWA, where we attended the sister's convocation. The last of us to graduate - hooray!

2011: Family photo-shoot. Proud to be FOO.

Christmas 2011

2012: hitting the clubs together
Christmas 2012

2013 : Two weeks ago. I dragged my lazy Aunty ass to Zouk for a night with them two. Because we love one another and will be there for good and the better! 

1 comment: