Friday, August 16, 2013

Jake says

They say that boys are slower in speech development compared to girls. I have a very girly-girl who is extremely chatty; and a boys-boy who is climbing tables and kerbs (or any surface at all, actually) - so I guess the stereotype is true in my case with my children.

But I do think that Jake is developing well, at his own pace, and he's actually pretty good at mimicking the last word we say.

For example, "Jake, do you want to go gaigai?" He'll go "gaigai".
"Do you see the bus?"  "bus"

There are plenty of words that he understands and says on his own accord and I am pleased with his developments really. Besides proudly sharing that he's becoming quite chatty and impresses me sometimes with what he says, I also picked up that he now says his very first sentence at 17 months 2 weeks old.

"I want more" - this is said at the dining table, in the context of (what else), food. Previously, he will say "more" but these couple of days, I realise that he's saying "I want more" - no longer one word only!



So proud of you, my not-that-little-little-boy. Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment