Thursday, August 15, 2013

Special time with the kids

That saw me bring them to a bowling alley, which also happened to be housing some old school arcade games like shooting games and Daytona. Things which I doubt I will expose them to if it were my own planning! So it was interesting to watch how they enjoyed watching and experimenting with these new activities. And it was the best thing to have an extra day with them by my side. Felt like a bonus weekend!

Took her some coaxing but she did step away from the safety zone of pottering with these balls and did a few gutters with me! Poor Jake kept wanting to participate in bowling too but he was really too young. He could, to my surprise, lift up a 6" ball! And rolling the ball on the ground didn't interest him at all. Couldn't even bluff him - he wanted to get at the pins!

Bad girls with guns! Here, you also see the arcade gaming machines in the background. 

The hot favourite - Daytona. Life-like simulated driving with gears and steering wheel. What's not to like? Check out Kate's kanchiong face. She wasn't even playing it for real, but the moving screen kept her well-entertained! 

And of course, here is Jake looking chill and confident behind the wheel. This little man is going to be such a cutie when he starts chasing skirts! 

After bowling, we hit the pool for the kids to finally have their share of fun and it was quite enjoyable. 

Am thankful for this day of leisure to be with my babies. 

1 comment: