Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy birthday, 爸

Mom and Dad are on a date right now. How do I know? Cos my hip mom, who is active on her intelligent phone, shared a pic of their meal with us. It showed my dad tucking into some ice-cream, his choice. 

I love how they are in-tune with each other, less so of how they squabble about the same things; but it's all part of growing old together, yes? 

To my dad : thank you for being the man you are. We have said this before and I'll say it again, you are quite the different man from years ago but the best man in my honest opinion. 

You dote on us in your ways and while it takes a different form from what we may prefer, it does not make your care for us any lesser. 

Thank you for also helping out with my kids and being the best 爷爷. 

On this day that you turn 62, I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.

 I love you, 爸!

No comments:

Post a Comment