Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hitting the tarmac again

The last recorded activity on my Nike running app reads 13 June. That's a little more than a month ago. And my body feels it. I have been feeling sluggish, tired and it's been a challenge dragging myself out of bed every morning. 

The initial weeks of inactivity was attributed to me falling ill, followed up quickly by our week long holiday in Korea. I suffered a bout of stomach flu upon my return and the past week has just been about me being in normal state again. How quickly time flies. 

Getting back to routine has been on my mind. Especially when my feasting never stops. I'm much too greedy for that. The husband and I even brought our gear to Korea, hoping/thinking that we will have a chance to work out but that was not the case. 

So today, the stars aligned and I finally dragged myself out of bed. Did I snooze? Yup. Did I make it out of bed? Yup. Was I grumpy? Slightly. Did I run? Yes! 

It was not as bad as I thought. I did fine. I only slowed down because my mind told me I was tired, not my body. And I caved in to giving up. Am I bummed? Not really, cos I finally hit the tarmac again and I did complete 5km plus, it. Felt. Good. 

Hopefully this is the re-start of my running regime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment