Sunday, July 27, 2014

Shape Run 2014

Some months back, I received an email from Shape, notifying me that the registration for Shape Run 2014 has begun! Recalling the experience from last year, I wanted to do it again but was tossing between the 10km run on my own, or the fun run. The interesting twist this year for the fun category was the introduction of a 1.8km fun run with your mini me!

Now, after doing the run with Jake last year (uh, not that he ran), I was extremely keen to try this year's run with Kate. It's only fair  - truth of juggling two children - plus 1.8km would be a relatively easy start for this little girl.

While I was still in contemplation, I received news that one of the sponsors of the run, Skechers, actually carried matchy-match type of shoes in their collection which would be perfect accompaniment to carry us through the finishing line! I've since been reading up more on the product that's the number two top-selling brand of sportwear in USA and am very excited to pick up my own pair of Skechers.

I've since been signed up to the Shape Run Fun Category - thank you Skechers! - and I'm looking forward! With the run being less than a month away, it's also a great goal for me to work towards and re-start my running since my lacklustre training the past two months.

Let's go!

Disclaimer: Skechers has kindly sponsored the run entry for my girl and I. All opinions are on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment