Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A home of innocence and love

K has come out of her room at least 4 times in the past hour. At 1030pm, it was already past her bedtime. But since it's now school holidays, I tried not to let that rattle me. After all, she could sleep in tomorrow. 

Plus, it's only the first week of holidays - I cannot be fighting her every step this early in the game. 

During the "Mommy, I'm so thirsty I want to share your cup of water" occasion, she had me slightly nerved but I kept my cool, and continued with my book. 

One time, she came out and said to me, "Mommy, I just wanted to tell you I'm sleeping below (as opposed to the top layer of the bed), so you know where I am when you come inside to kiss me."

This statement, expressed so factually by K, made me happy. It shows that she believed that I kissed her always and even if she did not know when deep in slumber, she believes that I do so. To have this kind of trust, love and expectation pleases me. 

My child, to be able to give you a safe and loving home is important to me and to have you so innocent and full of love, makes me delighted. 

Thank you for trusting me, thank you for showing me how true love works (both ways), and thank you for being part of this home and shaping it into exactly the way it's meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment